Earaches can be the result of an by infection or disease of the ear itself, infection in the nose, mouth, or throat infection or damage to jawbones, fluctuations in altitude or air pressure, ear wax or an object development/deposit or presence of insect in the ear. It manifests as a pain in the middle or inner ear. Earache is commonplace but may not always show up. Fever, giddiness, nausea, or vomiting can also occur along with earaches. An earache is mostly due to trapped moisture in the inner ear or due to small injury to the ear canal.
An earache results mostly from puffiness in the eustachian tube (a little tube connecting the ear to the nose). Higher pressure in the ear causes pain, itching, hearing loss, and swelling in other places in the instances of an earache. The earache can be sharp, dull, or hurting.
Home Remedies for Earache
1. A good Home Remedy for Earache is to put a few drops of hydrogen peroxide in the painful ear.
2. Put 2 drops of holy basil leaves’ juice in the ear to treat earache.
3. Chop a piece of garlic, tie it within a small cotton ball, dip it in alcohol. Wring any excess alcohol and put it in the aching ear. It is an effective Home Remedy for Earache.
4. Dip ½ cotton wool ball in olive oil, heat it in the microwave (about 20 seconds) till it becomes warm, not hot, wring excess oil till it becomes damp and then insert it in ear.
5. Put little garlic juice in the painful ear due to its antibiotic properties that relieve the pain.
6. Another good Home Remedy for Earache is to smash a garlic clove and tie it in kitchen towel, then extract the juice in the ear, tie a small amount of the crushed garlic in another kitchen towel and keep it gently in the ear for about 30mins.
7. Soak 1-2 teaspoon of chamomile flowers in boiling water for 10-15 minutes. Remove the water, and tie the hot flowers in a cloth for reducing the earache..
8. Heat some olive oil for 30 seconds in a microwave. Then apply it to the painful ear.
9. For severe ear pain, simply put few drops of warm onion juice and observe your pain vanishing. It is another effective Home Remedy for Earache.