Facials are relaxing, calming and they make you feel good. With modern day busy lifestyles, many women don’t have time for a facial when it most needed. When you are very busy to drop in at the spa for this cleansing skin care treatment, wait till the kids are asleep and get one at home.
- Facial cleanser
- Facial moisturizer
- Eye makeup remover
- Facial mask suitable for your skin type
- Cotton balls
- Big bowl of hot steamy water
- 3 clean washcloths
- Eye cream
1) Prepare the mood. Dim the lights, switch on some soft music and burn some candles. Relax.
2) Put little eye makeup remover on 2 cotton balls. Place the saturated balls on your closed eyes and clean the eye area. If you have not applied any eye makeup, forego this step.
3) Wet your face with a washcloth. Squeeze little cleanser in your hand and massage it in tiny circles throughout your face except your eyes. Rinse nicely with your moist washcloth. Clean your whole face and neck.
4) Using a mild scrub, exfoliate your face. Wet your face and stroke the scrub in circles on your face excluding the eyes. Rinse properly with water and your washcloth.
5) Soak a clean washcloth in hot water (or microwave a moist cloth for some time), wring out extra water and put it on face for 1-2 minutes. Ensure the temperature is not very hot or else you’ll get burnt.
6) Press your mask in your hand. It should be suitable for your skin. Lightly rub the mask in circles throughout your face except the eye area. Let the mask remain on your face as per the product instructions. Wash thoroughly with water and a washcloth.
7) Put on a moisturizer suitable for your skin. Lightly rub the lotion everywhere on your face and neck except near the eyes. Apply an eye cream on all the sides of the eyes, including the upper lids.
8) Sit back, relax and soak in some quality time for yourself.