Home Improvement (201)
Real Estate (5)
Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter
Tell a friend
How to Establish a Worm Farm
Beginiing a worm farm is quite simple and can be achieved indoors without emanating any stench, making it a beneficial kitchen waste disposal system.
1. Take a big container or bucket (or big aluminum trash cans).
2. Add some inches of shredded newspaper at the base for the bedding
3. Then purchase as many RED WIGGLERS as you estimate needed to compost the quantity of food scraps generated in your home, either from the online or offline store.
4. Next keep a layer of newspaper kitchen scraps. Every layer of scraps should be nearly an inch thick before you begin adding the thin layer of newspaper(this step should be done in multiple sitting). This laying takes about a week depending on the quantity of food scraps you produce
5. When you are ready to "harvest" your worm compost, shift all the compost, worms over to one side of the trash can, then begin a new beding with newspaper and kitchen scraps and within 24 hours, they would have shifted to the new location.
· Avoid placing meat or dairy products in youre composter. Cover the container with the lid, since they prefer darkness, but punch holes in the lid for air circulation.
· if it starts smelling, you have made mistake, try putting more newspaper and don’t "feed" the worms for a day or so, you might require more worms for your quantity of scraps.
1 2 3 4 5
Submit Your Comments
© www.askaquery.com. All rights reserved.