Home Improvement (201)
Real Estate (5)
Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter
Tell a friend
Tooth Abscess Symptoms and Treatments
The collection of pus in or about the root of a tooth is called as tooth abscess. An abscessed tooth can be excruciatingly painful and can ultimately loosen and fall off. Trying to dull the pain and draining the gum boil is just the initial step. But ultimately you must consult a dentist.
Symptoms of a tooth abscess
aching pain in the infected tooth and harsh pain on touching, biting and chewing
red, tender swollen gum over the root of the tooth and loosening of the infected tooth
secretion of bad-tasting pus into the mouth
If the infection reaches adjacent tissues, your face can swell and lead to fever.
If you think you have a tooth abscess consult your dentist immediately! Home remedies can help in bursting the tooth abscess, disinfecting and cleaning the adjacent area. BUT, even then you must visit the dentist! External cure for tooth abscess: An abscessed tooth is always in a bad situation and requires medical help, but for first aid try the following treatments:
1. Keep a dry black teabag or a piece of potato within your cheek against the sore tooth for a couple of hours or overnight. They can draw out the infection and remove the pus. The result is lessened pain and swelling.
2. Prepare a gum poultice or packing around the painful tooth using salt and baking soda. Blend half baking soda and half cooking salt and immerse a wet cotton ball in the salt mixture and put it in your mouth between infected tooth and cheek. Let it stay for several hours. Repeat this process for few times, it can drain out the gum boil.
3. Swish your mouth with Hydrogen Peroxide 1,5% as a mouthwash to sterilize the inflamed part. If you do not want Hydrogen Peroxide, you can also use Tea Tree oil in little water as a gargle. (Colloidal Silver or Grapefruit Seed Extract can also be used as natural antibiotics.)
4. If the abscess starts oozing, pus is coming out, you will get a strange taste in your mouth brush your teeth (generally with a baking soda/peroxide toothpaste) and redo the sterilized H2O2 gargle.
5. You can help the drainage by gently pressing against your cheek near the abscess. BUT, only gently! Pressing strongly can force the pus into the bloodstream or adjacent tissues, thus aggravating the situation.
6. Take 3 - 4 garlic capsules (300mg) per day for 5 days as a natural antibiotic.
7. Talk to a dentist about beginning suitable antibiotics.
An oral infection, like tooth abscess is a severe condition and can lead to problems in other parts of the body, like inflammation of the heart or facial bones. Hence getting medical help is MUST.
1 2 3 4 5
Teeth Whitening Techniques
Dental Implant For Missing Teeth
Submit Your Comments
© www.askaquery.com. All rights reserved.